JOIN WITH FELLOW GEORGIA CANOE AND KAYAK PADDLERS
Here are a couple of easy ways to get your boat on the water!
Join the Georgia Canoeing Association
Joining gives you access to Members Only area on the website plus these great benefits:
- GCA Email Newsletter “The Eddy Line”
- Access to all of our member-only club activities and premiere training including trips, roll practice, specialty clinics, paddling weekends, and discounted training and gear with outfitters like Endless River Adventures, ACE Kayaking, and Savannah EcoTours
- Knowing you are supporting the paddling community and helping the GCA provide programs, training, and community support
Your $20 Individual or Family Membership includes all this and more!
Recent and Upcoming Trips and Events Include:
- Class I-III Whitewater trips – Cartecay, Toccoa, Upper Hooch, Ocoee, Hiwassee, Chattooga, Chestatee, Etowah, Chattahoochee at Columbus, Nantahala, Tuckaseegee Rivers, and more
- Flatwater trips – MLK Weekend Florida Paddle, Coastal Georgia Kayak Weekend with Savannah EcoTours, Lake Walter F. George and Lake Blackshear
- Beginning kayak and canoe instruction
- Attainment paddles on the Chattahoochee River
- Overnight trips on the Toccoa River and Talking Rock Creek
- Peachtree City & Cherokee Aquatic Center roll practice
- Work the Falls events on the Nantahala and Tellico (Baby Falls)
- Broken Nose training on the Ocoee with ACE Kayaking
- Slalom training and directional rolling with Endless River Adventures
- Swiftwater rescue, wilderness first aid and CPR training
You’ll Also Be Giving Back to the Environment and Paddling Community –
For 53 years the Georgia Canoeing Association has been the primary organization in Georgia ensuring paddlers’ voices are heard.
GCA’s Initiatives Include:
- Maintaining the River Access Fund to defend against legal challenges to paddlers accessing Georgia’s waterways
- Contributing to organizations such as the Georgia River Network, Chattahoochee River Keeper, and environmental protection initiatives such as Protect Georgia’s efforts to save the Okefenokee Swamp
- Sponsoring under-served youth to participate in Paddle Georgia
- Organizing events such as the Southeastern Downriver Race, treatment trips for Save Georgia’s Hemlocks, and river clean-ups
- Providing volunteers for the semi-annual Tallulah Releases
- Fund-raising for Team River Runner, an organization providing training and equipment in adaptive paddling to veterans
PLEASE NOTE! In order to fully complete your membership registration you must click the “return to GCA Website” link on the final paypal confirmation page and then click through the complete registration button.