About this event:
Ready to get more out of your time on the river by learning the basics of solid river running? Join us for a day of basic river running skills work on the Upper Hooch. We will spend the day working on fundamentals including:
- Paddle strokes and proper form/technique
- How to peel out, catch eddies, and ferry successfully
- Surfing successfully (front, side, and 360 spin)
- Combat roll practice in the river environment (vs pool!) for those that want/need it
- Boat control in whitewater
Requisite skills: Desire to learn how to work a river and navigate successfully down river. Student to provide own gear. (Kayak, paddle, PFD, helmet, spray skirt, proper river attire including water shoes or booties, etc). Prior class 2 river experience a plus but not required. A roll is helpful but not required.
Cost: $50 for the class. Additional $6-$8 (depending on class size) will be collected at the class for shuttle. Payment must be received at the time of enrollment. Your RSVP doesn’t confirm spot in the class – only a payment does.