About this event:
Note: This event is limited to 10 participants, and is currently full.
Ready to get more out of your time on the river by learning the basics of solid river running? Join us for a day of basic river running skills work on the Cartecay. We will spend the day working on fundamentals including:
– Paddle strokes and proper form/technique.
– How to peel out, catch eddys, and ferry successfully.
– Surfing successfully (front, side, and 360 spin).
– Combat oll practice in the river environment (vs pool!) for those that want/need it.
– Boat control in whitewater.
Requisite skills: Desire to learn how to work a river and navigate successfully down river. Student to provide own gear. (Kayak, paddle, PFD, helmet, spray skirt, etc.). Prior class 2 river experience a plus but not required. A roll is helpful but not required.
For more information, contact Tony Eyl at tony@LandmarkCRE.net