Coosawatte River from Ellijay to Carters Lake is a trained beginner river. It is formed by the confluence of the Ellijay and Cartecay rivers.
- River Difficulty: Trained Beginner (Class I-II)
- Distance: 14 miles, This includes 2 miles on Caters Lake (Ellijay to Caters Lake Boat Ramp)
- Avg Gradient: 13 fpm
- Max Gradient: 30 fpm in the last 1-2 miles before the lake.
- Suggested Level: 650 CFS provides lots of water and multiple routes
- Minimum Level: 300 CFS
- Water Levels
- Put In / Take Out Location
- Nearby Outfitters
- Article Search
- Images/Video Search
- AW Information
USGS Water Gauge:
Put In / Take Out Location:
The put in is at park near the intersection of highways 78 and 282.
Take out is the Ridgeway Recreational Area boat ramp. Take 282 West 7.5 miles. Turn left on Ridgeway Road. Follow signs to the ramp.